Sunday, March 18, 2007

My catheter bandage is losing its sticky.

There is always a sterile bandage covering the opening where my catheter comes out of my chest. After about a week, though, it starts getting a little worn. The hole is still covered, which is the important part. Other than that, I've been feeling strangely fine (name that band!); eating too much, not moving enough. So life is good. I think I'm going to start volunteering at the Arboretum here. It's a big nature/tree place, all outdoors, all beautiful. Hopefully, I'll be on the Safety Bike Patrol. Basically I'd get to ride my bike outside for four hours a few times a week making sure visitors are following the rules and whatnot. I'm excited. That won't start until June though, so my excitement is somewhat restrained.

And that's it. I go in to the hospital tomorrow. I am dreading it. The hospital is one of the most unpleasant places to be. Thank God it will, again, only be for about five days. And I have a paper I would like to write, so hopefully that will keep me busy. I really won't have anything else to do, so there is no reason why I shouldn't write the stupid thing... Bah, procrastination. Alright, see you at the cancer wing. Peace.

1 comment:

Megan/Yuping said...

Hey, at least the drive to the cancer wing is pretty, question mark?

Also, last night I was facebook stalking this girl who used to live on Katie's floor because we were debating about whether or not Catherine the Great died while gettin' it on with a horse or on the toilet or in bed (it's a long story), and so I started reading this girl's blog and she linked to you because she reads your blog and it was weird and coincidental and probably awkward now, at this point, since she'll read this weird comment by a girl she doesn't know who read her blog and facebook stalked her because I thought she had a quote in her profile about Catherine the Great dying on the toilet. Awesome. The point is that people you DON'T EVEN KNOW read your blog. Excititng question mark?

(I am trying to bring back the whole question mark thing. It is Good Tiempos.)


http://adeleofanokaytime.blogspot.com/