Saturday, May 26, 2007

And, I'm back.

It has been a long and stressful past few days, but I am finally back in my own house with my own noises and my own foods. Actually, the past few days weren't really that bad at all. The worst day was yesterday. Yesterday morning, around 4 A.M., I woke up and decided that I was going to be sick. So my feet carried me to the toilet, and up came whatever small dinner I had had earlier. Pleasant. My nurse came and brought me some anti-nausea medication called Ativan, which is one of the really heavy duty ones. Basically, it knocked me out for the rest of the day. I threw up two more times throughout the morning, but they put more medication in me, as well as more chemo, and I literally slept all day. So like I said, now I'm home. I don't feel great; I have certainly had better days, but I'm glad to be out of the hospital. I'm currently working through a little bit of nausea and a fair amount of tiredness, but I'm sure I'll be back to happy after a good dinner and a good night's sleep. It is seriously much pleasanter to be out of the hospital after only 3 days as opposed to 20. I approve of my doctor's decision to discharge me. Anyway, that's about it. I go back into clinic on Tuesday for an injection, but that's not too big of a deal. Oh, and this will be my first major holiday weekend I haven't been in the hospital! Woo! Memorial Day Weekend, here I come. And by here, I mean literally here, in my backyard. Save travels to everyone who is traveling. Enjoy your gas bill. Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're home and ok, but sad that you aren't here with me and Chels (whose plane got delayed...of course). I'm calling you tomorrow!
Byes