Thursday, December 14, 2006

Unfettered?

I am not some falcon to be set loose on the rabbits and squirrels in the forest, only to bring back my prey to whomever let me go in the first place. I am a human bean with real, raw, and occasionally bipolar emotions. I need no leather straps attached to my skinny ankles. I need my own open spaces and the freedom to kill small rodents whenever I feel like it. I also need to shave my legs. On a slightly unrelated note, I have an awkward intern! He's cute in that whole, mid-twenties, I don't get enough sleep, and I'm not quite sure how to talk to this girl (woman?) who could be my younger sister or, in a different world, my girlfriend. He was sitting in here asking me about my medical history (no, I'm not preggers; no, I'm not really down with ex, etc), and he was totally wired. I wanted to ask him if he drank coffee much, but I decided against it. Something about patient/doctor boundaries... Meh. Aside from that, nothing too exciting happening here. I might brush my teeth fairly soon. Oh, I put on pajama pants. That was exciting. I guess they take my vitals every four hours here. That's lame. So, no sleeping pills for me. Maybe I can ask for them, horde them, and sell them to shady middle-schoolers at home... Something to think about. For now though, I have to go tinkle into my little cup. They like to measure its volume. Fun times in the toilet. Wish you were here!

5 comments:

Megan Amanda Steffen said...

Oooooh. I was going to talk to you about how you should make the cute 20-year-old-ish intern as uncomfortable as possible, but now I'm distracted by these so-called HTML tags...I must play... I feel like I should know how to do things like this. I'm not really sure what the little a does. I suppose we'll find out.

Oh yeah, the intern. Talk to him. Then laugh about it later. People watching is fun. Especially if you can make them uncomfortable.

Love,
Andy

Megan Amanda Steffen said...

I also think you should pursue this intern thing to the point of awkwardness. You can have some trashy Grey's Anatomy style illicit relations. God, I fucking hate that show.

Love,
Megan

Megan Amanda Steffen said...

Also: I am delirious and writing a paper that is worth 45 % of my grade.

AKA FUCK.

AKA I miss you.

Megan Amanda Steffen said...

Also also: I am relatively sure your blog is set to Pacific Coast Time. Confusing.

Justin said...

Yo, Andy. THIS is what A tags are for. Doy.

Speaking of rock bands, you should tell intern boy about your band. Guys dig chicks with skills. Gosh.