Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's rather chilly outside.

The clouds have been throwing up on the Chicago-area all day today. We have lots of snow. It's funny: snow is nice to look at, but when you start digging into foot-high drifts of it, it gets real old real fast. Basically, this verbal fluff is preluding the fact that I shoveled our driveway this evening, with the help of me padre. I reiterate the fact that snow is much heavier than it looks. I am pretty freaking tired now though, especially after having had to wake up at 6 this morning. The good news is that I did indeed make a snow-angel in our front yard. I actually made two, as well as a tramped-out heart in honor of the Hallmark holiday tomorrow. Hah, like I need an excuse to eat chocolate. But I won't get into tomorrow. I'm going to read books and watch V for Vendetta. The usual quiet, neutropenic, wander around my house day. And the way things are going, I'll probably end up shoveling again. Yay winter.

In other news, I went to clinic today for chemo. I ended up waiting about two and a half hours for them to clear and finally bring up my drug from the pharmacy. Today's was the special butt-shot drug. It took all of ten seconds; I waited around for maybe ten minutes so they could monitor me, make sure I didn't fall out of my chair and start twitching on the floor; and then we headed home. And that was it. It's funny too because apparently the road we took home was actually closed in the afternoon. So, I guess despite having to wait for a good long while at clinic, the 6 a.m. wake-up was worth it.

My brain's really fuzzy right now. I blame it on the chemo. Because I can and no one's going to dispute it. I think I mostly just need to sleep though. I actually have a decent headache, and if it's not a direct result of the chemicals, they certainly aren't helping matters. Anyway, so I apologize if this post isn't up to my usual level of trenchant yet deliciously addictive prose. I will try and be more on top of my game the next time I write. Yup, that's all I've got. alright, pax.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You made that snow angel!

Megan/Yuping said...

Your prose is always stunning.